Monday, December 21, 2015

NYR VS WSH POST GAME REACTIONS

What Alain Vigneault said after the game last night https://www.sny.tv/rangers/news/what-alain-vigneault-said-after-the-game-last-night/160134144/
Alain Vigneault met with the media on MSG following the Rangers loss to Washington:
    "My job to work with our players and our staff and find solutions. It's as simple as that. We got off to a good start tonight, I liked how we were playing offensively and defensively and our PK in the second period gave them momentum. We struggled and the game got away from us."

    On defending, "From my standpoint, I know this group knows how to defend, and can defend. They have proven it in the past, we obviously aren't doing it at this point in time. We gotta regroup, stick with one another and get back at it on Tuesday."

    "I am not sure it's as much mental as it is execution. Probably a combo of both. There is no doubt that there will be answers in that dressing room and we will get back at it tomorrow and work on solutions."

    "I just felt that Henrik needed a break. Give him a little break and put the young man in."
    "That one there, 3-1 I thought we were in real good shape. Their PP gave them some momentum."
    "I felt that at that time it was the right thing to do and put the kid in and see if we could change momentum a little bit. It was time to make a change, that simple."

    "he is working real hard and is like the rest of our group. We are no different, we need our top players to be at a top level in such a competitive league. Right now as a group we are a little bit off and we will work together and get back at it."

    "I think he is trying real hard like the rest of our group, sometimes even though you are trying the performances might not be up to their normal standards. You keep trying and stick with one another and stay positive, things have a way of turning themselves around."

    "He is a good defenseman for us but right now he is not available and we gotta work with the guys who are available. Good, thanks guys."


Lundqvist discusses another tough outing following Sunday's loss to Caps https://www.sny.tv/rangers/news/lundqvist-discusses-another-tough-outing-following-sundays-loss-to-caps/160121908/
10:10PM: On MSG, Lundqvist said after the game:

    On shock of how the game turned, "hockey games can turn fast. Right now it's a test for us, mentally, to turn this thing around. We try to do the right thing out there and work hard. It's definitely a challenge right now to get everything going in the right direction."

    What do you fall back on, "you try to focus and break it down as small as you can and focus on the good things and what you do well, try to have success and help the team win. I talked about it the last couple of games, making that extra save and it can turn the game in the right direction with a great goal or extra save. Today I think there were a lot of good things 5 on 5 and then they are very confident on their PP and made some really good plays. We talked about those plays but they still managed to score on them. Good players but we need to kill them off. The third one, I didn't stop that one. Overall just a tough game."

    On the quick goals again, "No. I don't really have a good explanation. Right now when bad things happen you get out of structure and allow some chances. I have to look at my own game, I can't just look at the team game. I have to be better, I know that, we all know that, I think I have stretches throughout the last few games where I play well and do the right things but also times when I need to come up with that extra save and turn the game around. I am doing everything I can to get to that level. It's a game where there are some open chances, it's tough to deal with but you need to play it the right way and not questioning anything or my instincts."

9:07PM: Henrik Lundqvist has been pulled after allowing 5 goals on 24 shots in the first two periods.

Recently called up Magnus Hellberg is in to relieve Lundqvist.

It's the second time in four games that Lundqvist has been pulled.

No comments:

Post a Comment