Tuesday, June 28, 2016

NYR NOTES 6/28: Buchnevich, RFA's

Pavel Buchnevich spoke to the media today at the NY Rangers Prospect Developmental Camp through an interpreter, Rangers Director of Euro scouting Nikolai Bobrov, and said (NYR):















  • On staying in Russia this past season and deciding to come over now, "last year I was in Cherepovets and I played a lot and I was getting a lot of ice time and needed experience and didn't feel that I was ready and now I feel better and more ready."
  • What part of your game makes you confident, "I felt that the age was a bit different, even at 20 it's considered to be a bit young and felt that I needed more time to get physically prepared and Cherepovets and SKA St. Pete and get more experience and get older."
  • On assimilating to the city and the language barrier, "I haven't really seen the city yet. We practice a lot and I just arrived a couple of days ago, so I can't comment on that, but as far as the language barrier, all of the guys have been very helpful. They either show by hands or help with words and I am living with another Russian, Sergey Zborovskiy and he has been very helpful as well and everyone is trying to help me."
  • How has the experience been on the ice and being around, "Well, I didn't have much ice time in Cherepovets, so I didn't skate much. The training part is just starting now and I am getting used to physical training and off ice will start in full force in the near future. I am just getting in shape now. As far as the organization, it has been wonderful and everything that they write about."
  • How do you describe your game, "I think I am not quite a goal scorer but a thinking player, cerebral player and a playmaker."
  • What will the biggest adjustment be going to a small rink, "physical game, less space, less time to make decisions, to make plays. More speed and quickness and fewer drops of the puck and cycles and regroups with the puck as there is less space and more scoring chances because the area is smaller."
  • On his speed and physicality he will face, "If I weren't sure I wouldn't come here."
  • Did he speak with former teammates who played in the NHL, "Kovalchuk was very good with me and sent me many text messages, 3-4, recently congratulating me about being here and I communicated with him quite a bit and he was enough of a resource for me."
  • Expectations for the season and himself, "I am focused on the present and the summer and getting in shape and this type of hockey. That is where my focus is now."
  • Will you be here the rest of the summer, "I will be here most of the summer, will go home for 10 days and will be back for training camp....he is going to Traverse City."

Rangers Restricted Free Agents:
The Rangers have contacted all of their RFA's but have yet to offer any contracts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment